This information may be updated from time to time.
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use and Process Information
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Other Important Information
- Contact Information
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our products and services, including through our websites, social media pages, online and mobiles services, applications and advertisements. Some of the information we collect includes personal information that can be used to identify you. The following provides an overview of the type of information that we collect from various sources.
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you register for an account, subscribe to receive our communications, enter contests or sweepstakes, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- Device Information.We use technologies to collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.) when you visit our websites or download and use our mobile apps. This information could include your IP address, device advertising ID, information about your phone’s/browser’s operating system, how you use the app or device, and your physical location.
- Location Information.Some of our websites allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your ZIP code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our websites and applications also capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality.
Specific information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Account registration. We collect your name and e-mail address when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To administer your account and communicate with you about your account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in providing you with an account, and with the options and services that the account enables.
- Distributor Information. We collect the name, and work contact information, of our distributors and their employees with whom we may interact.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To manage our business relationships and conduct normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in contacting our distributors and communicating with them concerning normal business administration.
- Demographic Information. We may conduct surveys and otherwise collect demographic information such as age and income range, gender, education, household size and marital status.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.
- Inquiries, Comments, and Feedback. If you contact us we collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.
- Job Applicants. If you apply to a job posting we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number or National Insurance Number. Providing this information is required in some jurisdictions to be considered for employment.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To process your application and communicate with you about your application.
- Legal Basis: We use information about job applicants in anticipation of a contract of employment. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about applicants. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to evaluate candidates for job openings.
- Loyalty or Rewards Program. When you sign up for one of our loyalty or rewards programs we collect your email address or postal address, as well as other relevant information.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To administer our loyalty and rewards programs.
- Legal Basis: To perform our contractual obligations to administer our loyalty program. We also have a legitimate interest in administering our loyalty program.
- Mailing List. When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your name, email address or postal address, as well as other relevant information.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To send you news, special offers or other promotional messages we think will be of interest to you or for which you have requested information.
- Legal Basis: Your consent. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.
- Order Placement. We collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, payment information, (including credit card number and billing address), and shipping address when you place an order.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To process transactions you have requested, fulfill orders you have placed, and to send you relevant communications related to your orders.
- Legal Basis: To provide you with services and products requested by you.
- Partner Promotion. We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To send tailored promotional communications to you jointly offering a product or service.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.
- Reviews. If you rate or review a product on one of our websites, we collect your name, e-mail address, and any information you provide in your review.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To submit, manage, de-duplicate, and/or validate reviews submitted about our products or services.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions, and collecting information about our products.
- Social Networks. If you connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our online forums, we collect any content that you choose to provide, which may include your social media handle or account profile.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you, understanding your opinions, and providing tailored services and products.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To collect information related to our business, products, and services.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions, and collecting information relevant to our organization.
- Sweepstakes or Contests. When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To communicate with you about sweepstakes, contests, or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in operating our sweepstakes or contests. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes or contests, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.
- Wedding, Baby, and/or Gift Registry. We collect your name, contact information, shipping address, and information about an event for which you are registering.
- Primary Purpose for Collection and Use: To allow users to create public registries to share what types of products they might be interested in receiving.
- Legal Basis: We have a legitimate interest in offering gift registry related services.
Information from Cookies and Other Similar Tracking Technologies. We use technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies, such as web beacons, clear GIF, pixels and internet tag technologies, to gather information on our websites, including for analytics and advertising purposes. Cookies and the other similar technologies provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our websites, applications, advertising, and/or email communications, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals, traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions, which items are placed in shopping carts and which are abandoned, conversions and what purchases were made and ZIP codes. Additionally, we may monitor and analyze your activity on our websites and mobile apps to improve your experience, which may include the use of third-party session replay software or services.
Some examples of specific cookie and other tracking technologies we use include, but are not limited to:
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in making our website operate efficiently. We also have a legitimate interest in serving you targeted advertisements. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent for the deployment of cookies on our own websites.
- Why we collect this information: To deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising.When required by law, we will obtain your consent for the deployment of cookies on our own websites.
Distance Information. When you use one of our apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our products.
- Why we collect this information: To provide tailored products and services.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.
Email Interconnectivity. If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
- Why we collect this information: To understand how you interact with our communications to you.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.
Mobile Devices/Mobile Applications. We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when you visit our website or use our mobile apps. This information includes usage data, such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the application based on your device number.
- Why we collect this information: To understand how you interact with our mobile apps to better improve them.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in giving you the best possible user experience. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
- Why we collect this information: To understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in collecting and analyze information about use of our websites. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
Web Logs. We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
- Why we collect this information: To monitor activities and trends and understand which of our services is most popular.
- Legal basis: We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
Information from Other Sources. In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, such as our business partners, our affiliates, publicly available sources, or social networks in which you participate. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites.
How We Use and Process Information
We use the information we collect to deliver, personalize, and improve our products and services, as well as to understand how you use and interact with our websites and applications. In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- to complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed;
- to respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests;
- to deliver targeted advertising, communications, product solutions or content, as well as services you have requested;
- to conduct research and analysis related to our businesses, websites, products and services, including combining information we collect to identify other potential customers (e.g., “look alike” customers);
- to tailor our products and services to your usage or preferences;
- to communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- to implement social networking features you have activated;
- to publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- to communicate with you about your account;
- for internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships;
- for such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time); or
- as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result (and as permitted by law), our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
How We Share Information
- Business Partners.We may share your information with business partners, such as service providers, vendors, sales brokers, and retail partners (and their service providers). Among other things, business partners may help us to administer our website, assist or support our business operations, conduct surveys, provide technical support, conduct research and analysis, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Legal Process.We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, to comply with relevant laws, or to respond to requests from public and government authorities. We may also share your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- We may offer community features and public interactive forums through our websites, such as discussion boards, product reviews, chat rooms, forums, wikis, social networking platforms and blogs. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Wedding, Baby, and/or Gift Registry.Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to create public registries where you can indicate to others what types of products you might be interested in receiving. The information that you provide about your event (g.,name, date, location, etc.) as part of a public registry may be publicly available to permit your guests to search for your registry. In some cases we may provide you with options to restrict the extent to which that information will be made available to the public. We may also share your information with third-party wedding and gift registry portal sites. Among other things this provides your guests with additional means of finding your registry and coordinating gifts.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information.You may request more information about the personal information that we have about you, or a copy of that information, by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below. In certain circumstances, you may request portability of your personal information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information.We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information.You may request that we delete your personal information by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in certain situations, and to the extent permitted by law, we may keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, complete transactions, provide requested goods or services, identify or repair errors, or prevent inadvertent discrimination against those who exercise their privacy rights. We may also keep your information in order to use it in a manner that is aligned with the reasonable expectations of individuals or is compatible with the context in which it was provided to us.
- Objection to Certain Processing.In some circumstances, you may object to our use of your personal information by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Revocation of Consent.If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us as described in the Contact Information section below.
- Do Not Track Feature.While some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and we are not currently set up to recognize or respond to these automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms.
Please note that to protect your information we must be able to verify your identity before we can process your request to exercise any of the foregoing privacy rights. We may conduct the verification process by email or phone, and we may ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information, and any additional relevant information based on your relationship with us.
In some circumstances, certain individuals may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. Note that we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach affecting your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, selecting a strong password and constructing a unique password. You are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Our websites and online services are not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18, without parental consent. Children under the age of 18 should not provide their personal information to us.
- International Data Transfers.As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. For example, when we transmit information from Europe to the United States, we rely upon Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European commission for the transfer of data. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our foreign processing policies and arrangements, including attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third-Party Applications/Websites.We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. Any personal information that you provide through third party websites, applications or other means will be governed by the privacy policies applicable to those third parties and mediums.
Additional International Jurisdiction-Specific Information.Some jurisdictions may have additional information available:
- Australia: You have the right to remain anonymous, or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us. Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with assistance and undertake activities that we would otherwise provide or undertake. The countries outside of Australia to which your personal information may be transferred, stored, or processed include, but is not limited to, the United States (our headquarters).
If you would like to exercise applicable privacy rights please follow the instructions below to make your request:
Visit our Contact Form at pureline.com/contact/ and submit all relevant information. In the Title field enter “OPT OUT”. Alternatively, you may call us at 847-963-8465.
If you have a question about your privacy right or otherwise would like to submit a data right request, but the options above do not apply to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
1241 N Ellis St
Bensenville, IL 60106
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your government privacy regulator.
Last Updated and Effective Date: November 8, 2022